Sunday, January 15, 2012

Power packed anti cancer lunch #1

Bean tostada w/ salsa and chopped red bell pepper, onion and lettuce
Desert: fresh cantaloupe drizzled w/ half a fresh lime juice

First let me say that I usually have some type of beans in my kitchen. Today I had pinto beans that had been made with a healthy dose of onion, garlic and black pepper. I just throw them in a crock pot overnight to cook them. I like to fry my taco shells in a small bit of grape seed oil to crisp them up. Then I just pile on the ingredients to my liking. I like my red bell pepper & onion chopped into about 1/8 inch squares. I use about 2 tablespoons. I serve this dish w/ home made salsa if I have time to make it, but today I used one of my favorite store bought types.

The only thing that would have made this lunch better would have been a Synergy Kambucha tea, but I settled for reverse osmosis water from the pretty crystal decanter I keep on my counter top.

There are at least seven healthy anti cancer, plant based, foods in this easy lunch. Also if you don't all ready know, grape seed oil is full of anti-oxidants. Easy to eat a delicious  rainbow and use food as medicine to prevent cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment